Update on COVID-19

Finance of America Reverse LLC (“FAR”) understands you may be facing unique hardships during this difficult time. Many borrowers who are currently experiencing financial distress related to COVID-19 may be eligible for some type of assistance. Please contact us for information regarding options that may be available to you. If you are impacted by COVID-19, please call 866-654-0020 and have your loan number ready for the Customer Service representative.

Close This Alert
blue zone

Age-friendly towns are places that provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to remain intellectually and physically active, socially connected, and engaged with life. Some characteristics of an age-friendly town include bike and walking trails, ease of transportation and accessible spaces, regardless of a person’s physical challenges. They also include “green spaces” so that people can remain connected to nature – something which enhances our health and well-being.

We know that successful agers benefit from these types of communities because people who age successfully actively seek out meaningful pursuits, and take steps to identify what their health risks are and educate themselves about lifestyle choices to lower these risks. They also challenge themselves physically and intellectually. These key characteristics resemble what we find in the Blue Zones. These are areas of the world characterized by high vitality and longevity and reflect lifestyles similar to ancestral societies and those identified by the MacArthur Foundation study on aging. I encourage you to look into sites such as the Blue Zones Project to find out how you might help transform your town into an age-friendly environment.

Live Long. Live Well!

This article is intended for general informational and educational purposes only, and should not be construed as financial or tax advice. For more information about whether a reverse mortgage may be right for you, you should consult an independent financial advisor. For tax advice, please consult a tax professional.